Friday, September 4, 2009

Our Garden




Our Garden is going strong. We have a bountiful of tomatoes and green peppers. Even my DH's hot peppers are doing great. Some of my peppers have even turned red (see pic on right). I am so excited about that. The scallions are doing good. I only have a few more of them left to pick. The carrots have finally started to grow into regular sized carrots, not just baby ones. The green beans have taken over our porch banister. I have learned that I want to pick them when they are about 2 to 3 inches long, instead of waiting for them to be huge. I thought bigger the better. Well, no. They don't taste very good when they are 5 inches big. Something I will definitely remember for next year. I will be sad when our garden is gone. I love having fresh salsa and tomato sauce. My DS will miss gobbling up the tomatoes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0