Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's Halloweeeeeen Time


"It's Halloweeeeen Time" as my 2 year old son likes to say every time he sees Halloween decorations. He is old enough this year to be very excited to go door to door for candy. He decided he wanted to be Bob the Builder this year. I looked up online to see how much they cost - $30-$50! Outrageous! So instead I went to our local Goodwill and bought jean overalls, an orange shirt and brown belt to make my own costume. I painted yellow squares on the shirt to look like Bob's, drew pictures of Bob and his crew to cover the Thomas pictures that are on the overalls and used Velcro to stick the tools on the belt. He already had the construction hat. And there was his costume, made for around $4.00. I'm proud of it - he looks like Bob the Builder and I didn't break the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0