Saturday, December 4, 2010

$10 Food Challenge! The Results!

As I told you the other day a few of us Richmond Bloggers did a $10 food challenge to see who could stretch their $10 the furthest. We all met on Thursday night to compare buys. We bought a whopping $377.78 worth of groceries for just $46.16 out of pocket! That's an 87.25% savings! Not Bad! Here is a pic of what I bought:

I was able to get $115.75 worth of stuff for my $10. Most of what I bought was from the Kroger Mega Event with a few things bought at Martin's and Target.

Here is a picture of everything (thanks to Alison at Richmond Bargains)

As you can see there is a lot of soup! Here is how it broke down by blogger:

Eleanor at Saving Our Way - $104.61 worth of food for $10.71 OPP.
Alison at Richmond Bargains - $85.47 worth of food for $10.03 OPP.
Stephanie at Coupon Clippin' Mommy - $41.92 worth of food for $9.96 OPP.
Tiffany at Young and Frugal in Virginia - $30.03 worth of food for $8.00 OPP.

It was a fun challenge and I'm glad I was able to do it with such great women. (It was nice to win too:)
All the food was donated to the Central Virginia Food Bank. (205lbs in all!)

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Kim!! That is so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats baby, although the title of the post should be " I WON!" Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add packcake mix to this also from Walmart, Target or Kroger. Check out my post here.

    http://dreamofsavings.blogspot.com/2010/12/update-krusteaz-pancake-mix.html

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0