Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Our Garden: 2011 Edition

Again this year we will have a vegetable garden. And I will show you the progress and hopefully bounty along the way.

Last Wednesday I planted the seeds that need to be started early. I planted 2 pots of cherry tomatoes, 2 pots of spinach, 1 pot of lettuce and 1 pot of basil. I have never tried growing lettuce before and I tried spinach last year but I planted it directly into the ground and I planted it late - it never had a chance. Hopfully this year we will be able to eat some (I love spinach salads!) I had a lot of luck with cherry tomatoes and basil last year and hope for the same this year.



I am happy to report that I have sprouts! Everything but the basil has started to grow. I am very excited - we LOVE having fresh veggies. It's also a lot cheaper then the grocery store.
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0