Friday, August 26, 2011

Our Garden



Our garden is still growing, producing a lot of tomatoes. So many that I have canned 6 jars of diced tomatoes, made crock pot spaghetti sauce, made endless amounts of salsa, a ton of dinners with fresh diced tomatoes and my favorite, sliced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and fresh mozzarella melted under the broiler. (YUM)

My green peppers are still being eaten by something. But my husbands hot peppers are doing great and so are my scallions.

Something ate my squash plants (boo :( ) And still not a single bean - I've given up on them.

This years garden is not our best. The heat certainly took a tool on it and I just haven't had the time (too busy taking care of my two little ones) to maintain it like the past 2 years. Oh well! I'm happy for what we have gotten and I am already thinking about how to improve next years garden.

1 comment:

  1. I still think you are a gardening genius, Kim, so don't be too hard on yourself. :) I seriously want you to do a "gardening for dummies" thing for us next spring!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0